A Great Deal When You Take The Train
- The Isle of Wight and Lymington Community Rail Partnership have received funding to promote local attractions, hotels, restaurants and businesses local to the Ryde/Shanklin rail corridor and Yarmouth/Lymington – Brockenhurst line.
- A ‘Call to Action’ flyer is being produced which will be widely distributed at all South West Train (SWT) stations and 100’s of TIC’s in between London and the SE Coast and on the Isle of Wight.
- This will lead the would be passengers and tourists to both SWT and Community Rail Partnership (CRP) website/s to download and print vouchers available for discounted deals available with a valid rail ticket to use at attractions, businesses and hotels.
- We are keen to launch the promotion with SWT ready for the Easter holidays and it will run for the next 18 months.
- The promotion is free to businesses.
- Those who would like to be involved need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or go to our Facebook pages for more information.
- The Isle of Wight and Lymington Brockenhurst CRP is in their 11th year, sharing the same officer Bobby Lock who works on a wide range of projects with the CRP’s stakeholders and the community to promote and sustain integrated sustainable transport and links for the line and the communities it serves.
- Bobby Lock said of this project, “This is an exciting opportunity for local businesses to get on board a widely promoted offer with exciting deals to encourage visitors and passengers to visit by rail to enjoy our beautiful coastal towns, New forest and Isle of Wight.”
- Stakeholders include: South West Trains; Hampshire County Council; Isle of Wight Council; Town and Parish Councils: Ryde, Brading, Sandown, Shanklin and Brockenhurst; Go South Coast; Southern Vectis; Hovertravel; Isle of Wight Steam Railway; New Forest District Council and New Forest National Park Authority.For more information please contact Bobby Lock 07583897693